Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fairfield firefighter came to the rescue

I'd like to offer my sincere appreciation and heartfelt thanks to Fairfield Fire Department Assistant Chief Chris Stacy.
On Feb. 25, I was traveling to work on English Drive, considered East Rock Park's "back road." While en route, I encountered a patch of "black ice," causing me to spin out and strike the curb in the opposite lane, resulting in a driver's side front flat tire. I am grateful that the damage was minimal. One gentleman alerted me to the fact that my vehicle was incapacitated, I thank him as well. Chief Tracy pulled up alongside of my Jeep, unaware that he was helping a fellow firefighter. This was refreshing because it proves that he will unselfishly go above and beyond to help anyone in need, no matter what.
Not only did Chief Tracy attempt to bring me to work, he also returned to my vehicle and changed my tire, all while wearing his "whites," the term civil servants use for those of higher rank.
From one firefighter to another, thank you Chief Tracy, you really made my day!
Linda D. Cohens
Firefighter/Paramedic, New Haven Fire Department
Hamden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home