Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy to see Sound Off eliminated, new Register design

I personally would like to thank the paper, heartily, for removing the "Sound Off’ column. I do have to admit that the questions themselves were meant to stir up the "rowdies" and I came to ignore it altogether. The same people used it most every day, and there was actually one lady from North Branford who could turn ANY subject into an insult against our president. All manner of "redneck" comment was on it each day, and only a few that had actually had given thought to the question.
One other thing is beginning to trouble me ... I know the Register was bought by another group, and am wondering if I am not seeing a decidedly more conservative/far-right/Rupert Murdoch aspect to the newspaper than ever before. Most every day this week, there has been a large "Forum" column, with someone spitting vitriol and far-right opinions against President Barack Obama’s administration. I intend to wait a bit and see if this is the way it is going to continue. If that should be so, I will discontinue my subscription, and get my news elsewhere.
On another note, I like the new layout of the newspaper. It is easier to read, and everything has its place.
Patricia A. Garcia
New Haven

Editor's note: The ownership of the New Haven Register's parent company does not weigh in on the newspaper's editorial page decisions. We've maintained a pretty consistent voice in our own editorials, and seek to have a variety of viewpoints expressed in our guest columns.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double standards! If you got rid of soundoff, why is this Garcia woman allowed to comment?

June 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same crappy news.

June 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home