Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Don't close regional Post Office operations

While we all decry opening the mailbox to its stuffing of catalogs, I think that the mail service is still a viable method of communication. Now the poverty-stricken Post Office announces that it will close our regional offices in Wallingford and Stamford. I believe Wallingford routes our mail from the localities. Rep. Rosa DeLauro issued a press release March 27 against such a move. Our Madison representative is Joe Courtney. I have emailed him to express my agreement with DeLauro’s statement, and asked him to follow suit. I ask readers to contact their local representative to stop the Post Office’s desperate move. A postal employee in Guilford told me that we can say goodbye to next day mail, among other changes.
Vitaline O’Toole
Madison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home