Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tired of government over-reach in reaction to Sandy Hook shooting

I’m tired…
The disaster at Sandy Hook was a tragic and senseless event perpetrated by a madman. I particularly empathize with the families of the victims and the residents of Newtown in general.
I am, however, tired of those people pushing to punish me for a crime I did not commit.
I am tired of position seeking, career building politicians punishing me to enhance their public image and advance to higher or federal office.
I am losing respect for those who govern, as are my friends and neighbors.
I am tired of the media whining.
I am tired of it, and I suspect there are about 180,000 or more Connecticut residents who are also.
I have started to push back. At least some other residents I know have started to push back. We know that, aside from the pending violations of the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Amendments by our state government, if the Second Amendment goes away, the First Amendment will follow it.
If the government oppresses and punishes innocent people by denying constitutional rights, there will be a revolution at the ballot box in coming elections.
Howard P. Thomas
Oakdale

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...I agree. A foolish idea disgused as a faux improvement. JD says connect the hill to downtown, but really there will be buildings where the highway was and the only connections will be the same streets as now. All we will get get is more traffic and less lanes to carry the traffic. Hope no ones dies in gridlock in an ambulance going to the hospital.

Should have built the buildings OVER the highway. Nice going.

April 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most mass murderers are innocent law-abiding citizens until they start shooting people.

April 19, 2013 at 12:34 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home