Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Voter feels snubbed over governor's office proclamation request

Almost a year and a half ago, I went to Governor Dannel Malloy’s Proclamation Request official website to request a proclamation. Because the word count was exceeded, I applied for a special proclamation through the regular mail. His office later confirmed that my packet was received and would be reviewed. I have never received any written correspondence from Governor Malloy or his staff. I have sent a duplicate packet and several additional letters to his office and have not received one written word.
It is truly sad when our elected officials forget the people who supported and voted for them. We give them our one vote, a precious American right, and they in turn are to work for the voters for a better Connecticut. Governor Malloy and his staff have chose to ignore my request or even acknowledge my letters. If Governor Malloy felt my request was without merit then common courtesy would necessitate a letter stating the reasons why.
My one vote is a powerful tool but only when it is used in combination with your vote. Few people write to their elected officials, but I did, and as a registered voter I anticipated a written reply. I will not again vote for a person who doesn’t listen to the voice of the people. Governor Malloy has forgotten that he works for all the people of Connecticut not just the lobbyist. Remember election time is approaching soon. Vote for the person who will work for you.
Anthony Griego
Hamden

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Griego: I need a better sense of your indignation. Did you vote for Malloy for governor?

June 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were you requesting to be proclaimed?

June 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home