Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Unhappy with changes by New Haven Register and AT&T

Upon receiving my New Haven Register renewal bill, I am considering not continuing my subscription. The new print size is very senior citizen-unfriendly. Is it that the New Haven Register does not care if senior citizens read their paper? We also like to keep up-to-date with the news, sports, and editorials and at times do a crossword puzzle.
AT&T is another company who is also not senior citizen friendly with their new telephone books. The small print makes it impossible to find a telephone number. Their new format with the one surname followed by a list of first names makes it hard to locate a phone number. They might think it is more profitable to charge a $1.89 fee for a senior citizen and those people with a problem seeing to call information for a number. When I contacted AT&T to find out if there is a larger print telephone directory for subscribers who have a problem with their sight, I was advised to use the white pages of the Internet.
I suppose the newspaper could also be read on the Internet. My concern is not for myself, who has access and is knowledgeable of the Internet. My concern is for the more elderly seniors and those with eye problems unable to utilize the modern convenience of the computer world. New Haven Register and AT&T, shame on you both.
Susan Brady
Wallingford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home