Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Good luck to Derby's new Marco Pizzeria

During ribbon-cutting ceremonies of the grand opening of the new Marco Pizzeria last week, located at the former site of the historic Derby River Restaurant, in the Walmart Shopping Center, I couldn't help noticing the gleam in Mayor Tony Staffieri's eyes, as he sampled a slice of Marco's pizza.
I was a River Restaurant customer for some 70 years, and my daughter Elaine, was fomerly employed there. However, I found the delicate and delicious thin-crusted Marco pizza pies I sampled "to be second to none," including the renown New Haven pizza pies.
Good luck to owners Tom Andrew and Bill Severino, who also operate a pizza outlet in Branford.
Stan Muzyk
Derby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home