Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Are doctor's rates related to Yale-New Haven takeover?

In reference to Yale-New Haven Hospital merging with Saint Raphael’s, I don’t know if there are yet big changes at St. Raphael’s Hospital, but I do know that Yale is incorporating many doctor’s practices under their wing.
Recently two of my doctors (primary and gastroenterologist) came under Yale-New Haven Hospital. My gastroenterologist, whom I have gone to forever, would charge $88 for a visit. Upon my last visit for a 10-minute stay, I was billed $220. Quite a hike from $88. My primary doctor for bloodwork charged $625 and $436 for a follow-up visit.
Fortunately, my insurance company did not pay these inflated charges, but what if I didn’t have insurance and had to pay them? Something has to be done about these inflated charges. How high will they go once Yale-New Haven Hospital takes over the entire network of doctors? Is this what Yale plans to do?
We as ratepayers should all write to our insurance companies and complain. Would we get results if we did? Only way to find out is to do so, or someday we may not be able to afford to go to any doctor.
Andrew Lucibello
East Haven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home