Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Remembering Joan Hamerski, a great teacher at St. Stanislaus

I recently attended the wake of a beloved grade school teacher, Miss Joan Hamerski.
“Miss Joan” was a teacher at St. Stanislaus School in New Haven, where I attended school for eight years, graduating in 1971. Miss Joan was my third grade teacher at St. Stan’s. She taught me so much more than any book possibly could. She always looked for that special “something” in each of her students. Miss Joan went above and beyond to instill in our young minds that love and respect always went hand in hand.
I have often thought of Miss Joan’s wonderful life lessons throughout the years, and I have referred to those lessons many times, as a wife, mother, and now a grandmother. I was very saddened to hear of her passing, but I feel truly blessed to have had her as such a positive influence in my life. Miss Joan was truly a remarkable woman. My deepest sympathy goes out to her brother and nieces and family and friends.
 Theresa Napierkowski Grady
Wallingford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home