Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sorry to see Lyman Orchards golf pro depart

I was saddened to hear the news that Lyman Orchards Golf Club eliminated PGA Golf Professional Dick Bierkan’s position after 42 years of dedicated service. I’ve known Dick for a number of years, and I know he’s been a dedicated employee for more than four decades.
In prior conversations, I’ve learned that Dick had only taken a handful of sick days in his 42 years of service. Dick has often spoken highly of Lyman Orchards Golf Club and has promoted the golf course and all their benefits of being a member. I find it very disheartening that the management at the golf club told him that his position was eliminated just a few weeks prior to the start of his 43rd year as their pro.
The way in which Dick was relieved of his duties is not a professional way of eliminating a longstanding and dedicated employee. Therefore, I will not seek a membership at your Golf Club. I feel that Lyman Orchards Golf Club has done a disservice to the golfing community by releasing a highly respected PGA professional in Middlesex County.
Alex Coriaty
East Lyme

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home