Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Don't expect all power company customers to choose a provider

I was very glad to see an article in the New Haven Register regarding United Illuminating’s plan to use independent electric providers. I have discarded any offer that came in the mail, and I have explained at length to salespeople who came to my door. “I don’t know your company. I don’t know anything about you. What assurance do I have that you won’t suddenly raise prices or be unable to fulfill your guarantee?” Even if they intend to be honest about what they promise, this is an untried enterprise; they could run out of product or cash flow before the end of term.
Last month’s electric bill included a list of almost a hundred companies: “pick one.” How can I pick one? I don’t gamble; I don’t even spend a dollar on a lottery ticket. No one on a fixed income has any idea what to do with this idea. I am glad I’m a member of AARP.
Harriet V. Harris
West Haven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home