Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Elimination of New Haven Register's 'Sound Off' is anti-senior citizen

As a longtime customer and faithful reader of the New Haven Register, I was very disappointed to learn that today (June 10) would be the last day of the print version of the "Sound Off."
In an age where most people are forced to be "connected" due to their jobs, everyone needs a break now and then from the glare of their computer screens. My relaxation time is in the morning with my coffee and the Register reading it in front of me in PRINT!
I love seeing everyone's opinions in the Sound Off, and I'm sure that judging by the amount of people who reply each day, there is no loss for participation.
Additionally, I would bet my life that many who respond to Sound Off are retired, senior citizens who are not forced to use the Internet and perhaps may not even have access to it. By taking this away from them you are contributing to a growing number "anti-senior" people and that is disgusting!
It is a little something that they probably look forward to every morning. As the Register continues to "sell out" by joining the digital age instead of leaving well enough alone, you will continue to lose more and more loyal customers, including myself.
Robyn DiNatale
East Haven

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mary Nelson said...

I am in total agreement with you Robyn. I've been a subscriber for probably 40 years and even though I'm on a computer daily at work, the first thing I would read in the Register is the Sound Off. Occasionally I would even call to express an opinion.
Very disappointed with their decision to eliminate this column.

June 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home