Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's time to close the Bridgeport coal plant

I think it is time to shut down the Bridgeport coal plant. This coal plant has to obviously be one of the biggest unnecessary contributor to pollution; they had more than 700 air pollution violations in the past five years. The year is 2013 and we have a lot of other methods to use for energy - a lot of cleaner options. When I heard that the smog and soot were major triggers for asthma attacks as well the fact that kids in Bridgeport are 10 times more likely to die of one compared to the rest of the state I was appalled. When I was younger I used to have a minor asthma problem myself - so I know from firsthand experience that it is not fun at all. Therefore we should be doing everything in our power to protect the adults of the future today. We need to get rid of this plant now.
A former victim of asthma,
Gregory McDaniel
New Haven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home