Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Milford falls short on snow removal



I have been a resident of Milford for more than 40 years. I absolutely love this city. I am a small business owner and truly understand the logistics of dealing with a budget. However, I am truly disappointed in the job the City of Milford did with the cleanup from the storm.
I am sitting in my house right now, a good 20 hours after the storm ended, and I am stranded. I have a full-size four-wheel drive pick up at my disposal, yet I still can't go anywhere.  Milford needs to figure out how to do a better job. 
I live on the Milford/Orange border, and every time there is snow Orange does a better job cleaning up. I realize that is comparing apples to oranges and that is why I have never written about it in the past. I called the police department and they gave me a number to call, yet no one answered. Not only was my street not plowed, you also couldn't get any answers as to when they would be there.
Sam Cocks
Milford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home