Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Branford resident wants gas extended to neighborhood

I read your article on natural gas with great interest! For the last six years I have contacted the gas company with no results; the gas pipe stops at the house next door. The gas company wants to charge me $3,000 to extend it down the street to the front of my house. The change-over furnace and necessary piping will cost another $8,000 to $9,000.
I was informed if I recruited four or five neighbors, they might extend the pipe; however, they changed the number to 10 or more after I got four or five neighbors willing to change over to gas.
Gas is 95 percent more efficient and much cheaper and cleaner than oil. Most of the neighbor’s furnaces and mine are near replacement stage. I informed the gas company once I replace the furnace I will not be able to change to gas. No one seems to care even after they sent flyers every year or so looking for new customers. If they install gas pipes down the four streets in my neighborhood, people will hook up.
Frank Silvestro
Branford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home