Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Irresponsible Congress needs a "time out"

I think we have been using the wrong definition of “sequester.”
The dictionaries I use begin with “separate” or “isolate.” I think of a sequestered jury, or the College of Cardinals electing a new Pope.
Maybe we could learn a lesson from them. We lock up the members of Congress and tell them they can’t get out until they come to a compromise about our federal budget. It would never work, of course. They would spend the whole time texting with the outside world.
If I had ever done such an inefficient job – no matter which job it was – I would have been fired.
I’d like to send them all home and tell them they can’t come back until they’ve reconsidered what they’re supposed to be doing.
Harriet V. Harris
West Haven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home