Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Why is Derby ticketing handicapped parkers?

I am writing this as a warning to all people who have a handicap card in their window to not park on the street at a meter in Derby.
I parked on Elizabeth Street in Derby in November or December and received a parking ticket. I went to the police department and they said as long as I had it prominently displayed I should not have received one, but I had to go back to the parking garage and talk to the meter lady. I did. She said she NEVER HONORS the handicap cards we get from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
So I went home and wrote a letter to contest the ticket. I took it back to the lady at the garage. I NEVER heard from the parking meter lady or her administrator, so I though it was solved.
On Valentine’s Day I received a bill for $40, $10 for the ticket and a $30 late fee. I called the office a few minutes ago and I’m waiting for his call. Ansonia, New Haven and Shelton honor the cards. Beacon Falls has no meters.
Shirley Anderson
Beacon Falls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home