Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Gary DePalma explains candidacy for East Haven mayor

Recently, I had the opportunity to speak in front of the Democratic Town Committee at its monthly membership meeting. As stated that evening, I’ve had a wonderful experience meeting and talking with people from all areas of town, since I announced my candidacy for mayor. That effort will continue, as I intend to listen, answer questions and welcome everyone to participate in a positive movement to bring strong values back to Town Hall in order to build a better, more prosperous community.
My decision to run for mayor was made after I was elected to my 3rd consecutive term on the Town Council, representing the 2nd District. Quite frankly, I became frustrated with a process that catered to political expediency more than the best interests of our taxpayers. With the help of the Democratic Party, I saw this decision as an opportunity to change that cycle, force our elected officials to accountability and advance town government beyond its current limitations. A deep commitment to public service best distinguishes my candidacy. My parents, Fred & Sylvia DePalma, raised three boys and taught us the importance of public service. I spent my professional career as a police officer. I worked on the front lines of this community for over 25 years. As mayor, I will use that experience to restore integrity and apply the principles of hard work to town government. My top priorities will always be the East Haven taxpayer and quality of life in our town.
I know I need to work hard to earn every vote. But, I’m confident the shared ideals of honesty, integrity and respect will move people to participate and create positive change. I promise focused, honest leadership and a spirited campaign during the upcoming months. I look forward to meeting with the residents of East Haven to discuss how we can work together to build a winning team.
Gary DePalma
East Haven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home