Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Impressed by Hamden public works performance during storm



I would like to take this opportunity to thank the public works director for the superb job that was done during the “blizzard of 2013.”
I have a restaurant on the corner of Dixwell Avenue and Pine Street in Hamden. When I expressed my concern about the plowing of Pine Street, due to the fact that there are many elderly  people there, and an ambulance could not make it down the street, and there is also a day care center at the Margaret O’Keefe building on the corner, to my amazement, the problem was solved immediately. 
When I opened by business the next day, Pine Street was plowed and accessible again. I realize that we were all caught off guard by the intensity of this storm, but due to the public works crew it was handled very efficiently. Thank you for your diligence and compassion.
Greg Hrampanis
Hamden

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home