Blogs > New Haven Register Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor of the New Haven Register, New Haven, Connecticut, http://nhregister.com. Email to letters@nhregister.com.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

New Haven should adopt zoning change

I understand that the New Haven Board of Aldermen will be voting on approving an amendment to the BD-1 zoning district. I hope that the board will approve the amendment.
I am the owner of a two family historic house located near Chapel Street (163-165 Dwight Street). My house is in the BD-1 zoning district, and I wish for it to remain in this zone. I have been told by an appraiser that my house is worth more in this zone than in a residential district. I also understand that the BD-1 amendments that the aldermen will be voting on will allow mixed use and dense residential development. I think that such development fits well with our neighborhood and will make our area safe and livelier. My house backs up to the empty lot on Chapel and Howe. I have met with the owner of RMS, Randy Salvatore, about his proposed mixed use project, and he has satisfied my concerns about building height and garden space. I am 100 percent in favor of Mr. Salvatore’s project which will add value and safety to our neighborhood, and I look forward to having RMS as my new neighbor.
Corrine E. Blackmer
New Haven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home